(no subject)
Dec. 4th, 2008 03:42 pmPut your MP3 player on shuffle, and write down the first line of the first twenty songs. Post the poem that results. The first line of the twenty-first is the title.
Now I've Heard There Was A Secret Chord
As logic stands, you couldn't meet a man
Two jumps in a week, I bet you think that's pretty clever don't you boy
I looked away, then I looked back again
Past the road to your house that you never called home
I am stretched on your grave
And you bring me to my knees again
Look at us, baby, up all night
Well, sooner or later it's all coming down
I am on your side
Broad is this sea
I could use a shot
You and me, we come from different worlds
Well, I don't know what to say
I'm not alone because the tv's on
I could stay awake just to hear you breathing
I am a question to the world
Sometimes I'm a selfish flake
I was so high I did not recognize
Turn your ugly face
Say it say it, that it's done
Now I've Heard There Was A Secret Chord
As logic stands, you couldn't meet a man
Two jumps in a week, I bet you think that's pretty clever don't you boy
I looked away, then I looked back again
Past the road to your house that you never called home
I am stretched on your grave
And you bring me to my knees again
Look at us, baby, up all night
Well, sooner or later it's all coming down
I am on your side
Broad is this sea
I could use a shot
You and me, we come from different worlds
Well, I don't know what to say
I'm not alone because the tv's on
I could stay awake just to hear you breathing
I am a question to the world
Sometimes I'm a selfish flake
I was so high I did not recognize
Turn your ugly face
Say it say it, that it's done
This meme, not so much with the sense-making.
Date: 2008-12-05 03:33 am (UTC)You shouldn't hide, but you always do.
Stranded at the drive-in
He can only hold her for so long
When you're quiet, but your eyes are saying everything I need to know
I am just a poor boy and my story's seldom told
I'm going up the country, baby,
What we learned here is love tastes bitter when it's gone.
I'd like to be under the sea
I wish I could go back to college - life was so simple back then.
Mama, we all go to hell.
Come gather round, people,
I'm sticking with you.
I'm going back to 505
Letting go the days we knew
This is the story of a girl
I'm so tired of being here
There's a man holding a megaphone - he must have been the voice of God
Yes, I made a choice
What you want, what you got, live your life in a crawlspace
All the way to New York.